Benefits of Chamber and Visitor's Bureau Membership
The Champaign County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau are making significant improvements in our community. However, we need the help of all area business leaders if we are to fulfill our mission of advancing the commercial, industrial and civic interests of Champaign County and our trade area.
Accomplishments in Advancing the Commercial Interests of Champaign County:
Provided savings to businesses through partnerships with various health insurance and workers compensation providers.
- Improved member communication through regular eblasts & enewsletters
- Advertising opportunities at various Chamber events including the Annual Meeting, Chamber Night at the Races and the Golf Outing
- Member Referrals
Accomplishments in Advancing the Industrial Interests of Champaign County:
Created the Champaign County Safety Council, which offers savings to businesses in Champaign County. Already our members have saved over $250,000.
Implemented Human Resource Luncheons, Business After Hours and First Friday Coffee Hour free networking events.
- Continued the "Chamber Check" program which encourages individuals to shop locally
- Promoted Champaign County's tourism industry through participation in Ohio's Ramblin' Road Trip, Aviation Heritage Area and at numerous activities throughout Champaign County
- Designed and implemented the Barn Quilt Tour of Champaign County. This unique tour is an opportunity to experience Champaign County's agricultural heritage while patronizing our local businesses.
- Served as the entry point for visitors to Champaign County providing welcome packets and information to visitors and individuals relocating to the community.
Accomplishments in Advancing the Civic Interests of Champaign County:
Spearheaded the initiative to establish strong community leaders through Leadership Champaign County. To date nearly 200 individuals have completed this community development program.
- With your support, we can continue to advocate for the businesses of Champaign County! Together we can make Champaign County prosperous in 2015!
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park